Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Royal Cat's Eye



Curled up on one end of the couch (your castle),
You contentedly fritter away the afternoon,
Observing the living room through
One open eye.
Carefully I sit with my book.
Moments later,
You gracefully stretch your back and yawn.
Your paw, so clean and quiet,
Tentatively taps my arm.
With your usual royal bearing,
You allow me the privilege of
A brief glimpse into
That fortress of feline sensibility.

© Judith C Evans 2011  

[Thanks to this week's Poetry Potluck prompt: fortresses, castles, palaces, and royal houses -- join us!]

11 comments:

Margie said...

I am such a cat lover and I have to tell you I so very much enjoyed this poem!
And that picture, just adorable!
Great write, Judith.
Thank you!

Olivia said...

That is one feline awesome piece!
very unique n creative indeed.. :)

Enjoyed every word n the image too.. Thank you!
Hugs xox

Anonymous said...

Very cute poem of such an adorable little cat. Love the photo.

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Great poetry, accurate description of our feline companions. I also loved the picture. What an adorable cat!

Judith C Evans said...

Thanks, Margie, Olivia, John, and Cecilia, for reading and commenting. It's always helpful, as a blogger, to have a cat who photographs well, lol!

Victoria said...

Judith, this is such a great take on the castle prompt. Truly our pets reign! Enjoyed discovering your site. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely description of your cat and sums up their regal nature so well! Cute photo too.
Thanks for visiting my poem earlier.
Jessica

Judith C Evans said...

Thanks Victoria and Jessica! I had fun writing this one :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

You allow me the privilege of
A brief glimpse into
That fortress of feline sensibility.


very masterful closing, love cats, enjoyed your work.

hope to see you at poetry potluck this Sunday again.

:)

Mary said...

Judith, this is such a beautiful and loving poem about your cat! (Even though I am a lover of dogs. LOL)

Judith C Evans said...

Well, Mary, dogs are pretty nice too. Just don't tell my cat I said so!!